The Maureen O’Brien Cats and Dogs Thrift Store offers another opportunity to help the animals at the Monmouth County SPCA, as 100% of the proceeds from all sales go to supporting the shelter.
Well maintained and stocked by generous donations, the store provides a varied and eclectic array of offerings that not only benefits the shelter itself, but also enables clients to affordably provide quality products for their own pets. For the bargain hunter in general, browsing at the store is always rewarding, as there is something for everyone and often amazing finds!
While the actual merchandise in the store changes on a daily basis, based upon donations and purchases made, the following are examples of what you may find:
- Pet supplies including leashes, collars, harnesses, clothing, booties, crates, beds, toys, treats
- All types of jewelry; e.g., rings, necklaces, bracelets, pins
- Seasonal women’s clothing and accessories in a wide range of sizes
- Seasonal men’s clothing and accessories in a wide range of sizes
- Footwear and purses; e.g., men’s and women’s shoes, boots, sneakers, slippers
- Housewares and linens; e.g., cooking/baking items, glassware, dishes/china, curtains, tablecloths, runners, napkins, (new/excellent condition) towels, sheets and blankets
- Decorative items; e.g., pictures, photo frames, vases, throw pillows, collectables, crystal, candles
- Seasonal and holiday items; e.g., wreaths, figurines, ornaments, dishes, trays
- Books; e.g., animal care, novels
- Children’s items
Additionally, there is a wide range of miscellaneous items that may be available at any time (e.g., craft project materials, sports memorabilia, greeting cards, etc.)
GUIDELINES FOR DONATIONS
Please be sure all donations to the thrift store are in good condition. If you have clothing that is not in good condition (i.e., you wouldn’t wear it or hand it down), please put it in one of the bins at the back of the driveway behind the fence. The contents of the bins are recycled or redistributed, and generate additional revenue for the shelter.
Types of items we can accept:
- Seasonal gently worn men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, as well as shoes and accessories
- All jewelry and new cosmetic type items
- Home and seasonal décor, housewares
- Children’s books, fairly current novels and light reading
- Gently used or new pet supplies
- Collectables and vintage items
Items we cannot accept:
- Electronics, unless new or lightly used and currently relevant
- Reference or text books
- Ripped, rusted, broken items, heavily worn/used or stained items
- Out of season clothing and holiday items
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE ACCEPTING UP TO TWO BOXES OR TWO BAGS (AT A TIME) OF SEASONAL ITEMS PER PERSON. SINCE OUR STORE IS NOT LARGE, THIS HELPS TO ASSURE THAT WE CAN PROPERLY DISPLAY DONATED ITEMS. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BRINGING DONATIONS IN BAGS, BOXES OR CONTAINERS THAT YOU DON’T NEED BACK, AS THIS MAKES SORTING MORE MANAGEABLE.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STOP BY AND BROWSE – WE HAVE GREAT BARGAINS!
Eatontown, NJ 07724
Tuesday – Saturday: 9AM – 4PM
Cash and all credit cards accepted
Donations can be accepted when the thrift store is open (no outside drop offs at any time)