Hello from your new king, Louie! I came to the MCSPCA after my previous mom and dad got divorced. Unfortunately, neither parent could take me with them to their new residence, so I came to the shelter to find a new fmaily. I’m 14 years young and just looking for a relaxing, loving place to call home for my Golden Years.
After my arrival, the medical team discovered that I have kidney disease, and am on a special diet that the shelter staff will gladly send me home with. I’m a super sweet boy who loves affection and will gladly trot over to rub up against you. If you have a laidback place for me to give and receive all the love in the world, then that’s the place for me!
I would do best as the only pet at home, but my wonderful purrsonality will more than make up for that. I can’t wait to meet my new family!
We only do adoptions in person (please bring all family members). Adoptions are by appointment!
We only do adoptions in person (please bring all family members).
We will ask you to fill out a Pets and People Adoption Survey and talk to an Adoption Counselor, who will help you find your perfect match.
Adopting a pet is a lifelong commitment, so finding the right match is very important.
Finding the perfect pet takes time. The process usually takes at least an hour, so please plan accordingly. All adoption paperwork must be submitted to the front desk one hour before closing.
Adopters are encouraged to bring their own carrier or leash and collar.
- Dogs 7 years and older: $100
- Dogs over 6 months: $250
- Puppies under 6 months: $550
Cat Adoption Fees
- Cats 7 years and older, $50
- Cats over 6 months $100 and $50 for each additional cat
- Kittens under 6 months $150, $75 for each additional kitten
Other Furry Creatures
- Mice, Hamsters, Rats $15
- Guinea Pigs $30
- Rabbits, Chinchillas, Ferrets $100
- All exotics are half price fees for a second friend
We cannot accept checks for adoption fees.
Our Fees Cover:
– Age Appropriate Vaccinations
– Combination Testing for Cats
– Heartworm Testing for Dogs
– Ear Cleaning
– Nail Clipping
– Worming for Intestinal Worms
– Flea Treatment (if old enough)
...and TLC at no charge!