Want to help the animals but not quite old enough to volunteer in the shelter?
There are still plenty of ways you can help make a difference!
Thank you so much for helping the animals waiting so patiently for their forever homes at the Monmouth County SPCA! We appreciate your help! If you have questions or need a written letter for service hours please email [email protected] . Remember- these are just some ideas. If you have other creative ways to help let us know and we would love to hear about your ideas!
Printable version of the Junior Volunteer Program
Outside Volunteer Opportunities
Wish List Donation Drive
- Take a look at our Wish List. Many items may be things that people have around their house already, such as old linens. Kids do wish list drives by printing out the list and hanging it at schools, parent’s jobs, congregations such as church or temple and sharing with friends, family and neighbors. You may also consider partnering with a food or pet store, setting up a table outside for a day, handing out the Wishlist as people walk in and collecting donations as they come out. It is up to you how big you make your donation drive!
Bake Sale/Lemonade Stand/Car Wash
- Raising money for the animals is a huge help! Be creative!
- These ideas can be used for individual volunteers or groups.
- You can do this right in your own yard, or consider doing it at a sports event, school, or any other community area. Just make sure you get permission!
Canister/Paws For Life
- Donation Cans be used by individual volunteers or within a school setting. You can even ask for one if you are doing a Wishlist donation drive as some people prefer to donate money over supplies.
- Cans can be left at a certain organization or business for a period of time or used once for a specific time and date at a facility. Of course the business must give permission first. Then the family would be in charge of collecting the money monthly and bringing it to the SPCA or mailing in a check.
- Our Paws for Life program consists of paper Paws that sell for $1, $5 or $10. Local businesses and schools sell these paws and hang them up for a certain period of time to raise money for the animals. Know a business that might be interested? It helps to spread the word! And doing it through school is always a big way to help if you get permission!
- We are happy to provide you with the Paws and posters promoting the program. We can also provide a canister but we find that it is a fun project for kids to make their own!
Become A Foster Home (contact [email protected])
- This is an opportunity for parents that want to introduce animal care to their children. We realize this is not always possible for all families but if it is, it is a great value to the children!
- The parents would have to do a back ground check and fill out all paperwork, but the kids could help with the responsibility.
- This is a great way to have people foster the animals, and get them out of the shelter environment. We are mostly in need of cat/kitten fosters for short periods of time. We provide the supplies and veterinary care during their time in foster.
Promote Our Pets
- Of course our biggest goal is to find loving families for all of the animals at the adoption center! We need you to educate your friends and family to always ‘Opt to Adopt’. You will find photos and bios of some adoptable dogs and cats on our website. Printing fliers, making posters, sharing on social media and at school, are all great ways to share some of our adorable adoptables. Maybe you can find a great home looking for a new pet- what better way to help one of our animals!