Bear does like going for walks and eating chicken. He also likes hanging out in a comfy bed after a long day. We think Bear would do best in a quiet home with older teens or adults only who will make his environment predictable and calm. He’ll also need a patient adopter who will give him lots of time to settle in and help him feel comfortable in a new scary place.
We hope Bear can be scooped up by someone who will spoil him in his golden years. If you are interested in learning more about him, please fill out the Canine Adoption Survey below.
How to Adopt a Pet
Please visit our Homeward Bound Adoption Center in Eatontown to meet our pets.
We only do adoptions in person (please bring all family members).
We will ask you to fill out a Pets and People Adoption Survey and talk to an Adoption Counselor, who will help you find your perfect match.
Adopting a pet is a lifelong commitment, so finding the right match is very important.
Finding the perfect pet takes time. The process usually takes at least an hour, so please plan accordingly. All adoption paperwork must be submitted to the front desk one hour before closing.
Adopters are encouraged to bring their own carrier or leash and collar.
- Dogs 7 years and older: $100
- Dogs over 6 months: $250
- Puppies under 6 months: $550
Cat Adoption Fees
- Cats 7 years and older, $50
- Cats over 6 months $100 and $50 for each additional cat
- Kittens under 6 months $150, $75 for each additional kitten
Other Furry Creatures
- Mice, Hamsters, Rats $15
- Guinea Pigs $30
- Rabbits, Chinchillas, Ferrets $100
- All exotics are half price fees for a second friend
We cannot accept checks for adoption fees.
Our Fees Cover:
– Age Appropriate Vaccinations
– Combination Testing for Cats
– Heartworm Testing for Dogs
– Ear Cleaning
– Nail Clipping
– Worming for Intestinal Worms
– Flea Treatment (if old enough)
...and TLC at no charge!